- phone conversations with us
- text messages
- emails or letters you send to us
- registering for one of our events e.g. fireworks
- our online services such as websites and social media
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products and services.
- you have given us your permission to send you information about services offered by us.
- it’s necessary to provide the service you have requested
- it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. to tell you about changes to Terms and Conditions
- it’s in the legitimate interests of WCGT e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance ; where we need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about the services we provide;
- it’s in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with our caterers, our coaches, club administrators
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in 'What we collect and use your information for.'
These third parties include:
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
- Our caterers, in order that they can discuss catering requirements for a function
- Our coaches or sports club administrators
- Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. the Charities Commission, the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of gift aid on donations
Where your information is processed
Your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information where it is necessary to provide you with our services or to inform you of events or services which we feel may be of interest to you.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how WCGT uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for WCGT to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, onto another club.
Right to object
You can object to WCGT processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask WCGT to:
- give you information about its processing of your personal information
- request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes
- carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should.
How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details are www.ico.org.uk